Sunday 3 May 2015

TRIBULATIONS OF A MOI UNIVERSITY STUDENT by Daisy Waitherero Wambua


RUNNING STOMACHS NOW FLYING
Cases of comrades suffering food poisoning, typhoid and spending more time in the restrooms as compared to lecture halls has definitely been on the increase. Evidence being; shopping bags consisting of ten pack rolls of tissue paper instead of the normal four pack that would last a semester. Of course knowing our beloved dispensary and their quack prescriptions that involve Flagyl for a fracture and a bandage for an intestine rapture, nobody is ever cured. If symptoms persist seek your own advice; otherwise you will be treating an ailment that you never suffered from.

TARMACKING ON NO TARMACK
I have been a fan of walking since ‘neveruary’ so the few times that I walk I do not expect to; have my closed shoes becoming slippers, abruptly switching my color pattern (I hate brown), looking like I hail from somewhere in Budalangi (‘naomba admin itusaidie’) nlor washing my feet at every stop I make. Complaints have run for centuries now and would probably not end but I will not stop until there is change or rather until I can afford my own car. I doubt I will stay here that long.

NAIROBI FLIES INFESTING ELDORET
This period is definitely a throwback for Pharaoh and his people if they were still here only that they got locusts instead of Nairobi flies. Personally I have never had the extreme pleasure of exchanging acid with the creature but recently one of them decided that my beauty is too much. Having a scarred face is no big deal, just ask Michael Jackson, Vera Sidika and now one of your own; Daisy Waitherero. These are the days we say beauty lies on the inside and frown on anyone who says leave that to the worms. The flood gates have just broken lose therefore dear comratdes shake your clothes after hanging and avoid a stripped black and red insect.

POVERTY STRIKEN COMRADES
It’s a dry spell during a rainy season. Everyone seems to be broke during these times. Those used to boarding a motorbike twice a day have now resulted into once a week and only if there is a CAT. Those used to eating out have now started scramming for their lost sufurias. Those who have not paid rent still haven’t paid rent yet. There is no longer the haves and the have not’s; everyone is in the have not’s category. Keep calm end month is coming, parents are getting paid. For more encouragement stay with fellow comrades and read Ecc 3; 1-3.

FALLEN COMRADES
Last but definitely the most heartfelt. Moment of silent for the 10 comrades we have lost since beginning of this semester and for the 147 comrades that have recently passed on. It is with utter despair and deep found love that embrace us with the departure of each comrade. I speak on behalf of all comrades and send earnest condolences to the families and friends of the victims. May God be with you. Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment